Did you know there are several cyber security courses in Canada for international students?
With the advancement of technology occurring very fast, lots of businesses are pushing to secure their data in the cloud, well some of them have also been vulnerable to cyberattacks in the past. For instance, a report from CompTIA shows that “Phishing attacks increased by 48% in the first half of 2022, with reports of 11,395 incidents costing businesses a total of $12.3 million.”
So, you see why lots of businesses are dying to hire Cyber Security Experts, to, not only avoid losing business assets but also protect their customers’ data.
Moreover, Canada is one of the best countries that have taken their Cyber Security training to the next level, they have invested approximately $1 billion to prevent cyber attacks across the country.
Cyber Security Courses in Canada for International Students
1. Cybersecurity – George Brown College
George Brown College provides two kinds of Cybersecurity courses to both its citizens and international students;
- The first one is a 1 year (3 semesters) Postgraduate Cybersecurity Program, which costs $26,284 for international students. In the course of your module, you’ll be learning some topics like the differences and similarities between Cybersecurity and Hacking, you’ll also learn advanced techniques in ethical hacking incident response.
- The second one is a Cyber Security Foundations Program, which they didn’t specify how long it will take to complete all of their 5 core courses. The time for each course is between 30 to 36 hours, while the price is between $250 to $360.
2. Kensley College – Cyber Security and Ethical Cyber Piracy
This is one of the cyber security courses in Canada for international students that takes 2 years (4 semesters) to complete. Classes can be done both online and on-campus, and new intakes start in January, March, May, and September.
Kensley College teaches this course with new-age technology, they will teach you the skills required to defend and append the computer OS, networks, and data from variant cyber attacks.
Your course outline includes topics on Networking, Coding for Cyber Security, Application of Coding, Data Privacy in the Cyber World, Ethical Cyber Piracy, and Crisis Management.
3. Bay River College – Cyber Security and Cloud Computing
This is among the cyber security diplomas in Canada for international students that take 91 weeks or 2 years to complete. The course will teach you the principles of cyber security, Linux operating systems, virtual networks such as Microsoft Azure and VM Ware, cloud networking technologies, Cisco Networking and Security, and SQL database management.
4. York University – Cyber Security
York University provides different cyber security courses in Canada for international students such as;
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security Operations: costs $7,992 for Domestic students, whereas international students will pay $18,264.
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Offensive Cyber Security: the same cost as the above course.
- Certificate in Cyber Security Fundamentals: $2,985
- Certificate in Advanced Cyber Security
- Certificate in Cyber Security Intensive: $6,270
5. Fanshawe – Cyber Security
This Cyber Security program is a 90 weeks advanced diploma that will provide you with foundational information security (InfoSec) skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the IT security industry. As an international student, the tuition fee for studying this course in Fanshawe is $8,025.86 per semester.
6. Seneca Polytechnic – Cybersecurity & Threat Management
Seneca Polytechnic provides one of the shortest Cyber Security courses on our list, within 8 months (2 semesters) you can complete this program. The program takes on a hybrid format, which can be done both on-campus and online.
The school made some computer requirements for this course, which include;
- 16 GB RAM minimum
- 256 GB SSD Hard Drive (500+ GB would be better)
- Quad-core i7 2.4GHz or better
- A video card (2GB RAM minimum/4GB RAM recommended)
7. Centennial College – Cybersecurity
This is another 1-year cyber security course in Canada for international students that follows the hybrid format. You’ll be learning how to protect computers, applications, and networks from unauthorized and malicious users or software.
You’ll also be learning key topics on cryptography, cyber forensics, and network security in addition to topics such as mobile network security, cloud security, and ethical hacking techniques and tools.
8. Toronto School of Management – Diploma in Cyber Security Specialist Co-op
It also takes 1 year to complete this diploma, and they will be covering all-around topics on blockchain, big data, and IoT (Internet of Things). After the course, you’ll be able to use tools like Cryptool, Wireshark, Zenmap, nmap, Bump Suite, Snort, and TCPdump, and also learn Python Programming Language, SQL, Hyper-V, etc.
The course cost $13,250 for international students, and $7,250 for domestic students.
9. University of Guelph – Master of Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence (MCTI)
After graduating from this program, you’ll become a professional in security analysis and design, threat intelligence, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), intrusion prevention, malware analysis, penetration testing, cryptography engineering, and digital forensics.
The program can be completed within a year (3 semesters, or 12 months), and you should know that international deadline application occurs 2 months before the domestic deadline, so you should apply ASAP.
Also, the program costs $14,000/semester for international students. The good thing is that they provide scholarships that can help reduce these fees.
10. Cyber Security at Lambton College
This is one of the cyber security courses in Canada for international students that will teach you cyber security concepts, industry best practices for information security, and key security concepts that will protect an organization against fraud, data breaches, and other vulnerabilities. You’ll need an Information Technology or Computer-related degree or diploma or Equivalent work experience as determined by Lambton College to be admitted.
You should note that most of these courses have deadlines, but that doesn’t mean when you miss a deadline to the respective institution you intend to study you can’t wait a little bit to apply again.