The importance of Cyber Security cannot be overemphasized in our today’s digital age, coupled with the number of cyber attacks that happen daily. Choosing to study in Australia for it, is a good choice because this country has a lot to offer.
First of all, 8 of their Universities are ranked among the top 100 in the world, their higher education is also ranked 8th in the educational system in the world. Regarding international students, approximately 90% of them showed complete satisfaction with their living and study experience in the country.
Moreover, Australia is in demand of Cybersecurity professionals, and the world, in general, is said to have an almost 2 million shortage of Cybersecurity experts. So, taking one of these cyber security courses in Australia for international students is almost a necessity.
If you’re still contemplating if Australia is the best country for you, Canada still provides some of the best Cyber Security courses for international students.
In this blog, we’ll first list some of the requirements international students will need to study this course in Australia, then we now go ahead to list the courses.
Cyber Security Courses in Australia for International Students Admission Requirements
Here are some of the requirements you need to apply for these courses as an international student using Torrens University Australia as a case study;
- A completed higher education qualification at AQF level 5 (diploma) or above or
- A completed vocational education qualification at AQF level 4 (Certificate IV) or above.
- Equivalent IELTS less than 5.0. 5.5 (Academic) with no skills band
Cyber Security Courses in Australia for International Students
1. Diploma of Cybersecurity – Torrens University Australia
- Course Duration: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Cost for International Students: $32,733
This course provided by Torrens University Australia will build and improve your IT skills, with subjects including programming, data and networking, cloud computing, software engineering, and cybersecurity principles. They created this diploma with you in mind, thereby working together with industry-leading ICT practitioners and academics, and is structured to meet the Australian Computer Society’s Core Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and Cybersecurity Body of Knowledge (CyBOK).
2. Master of Cybersecurity
- Course Duration: 2 years
- Cost for International Students: A$38600
This is among the cyber security courses in Australia for international students that will prepare you for a career in info tech with the skills to develop and maintain complex ICT systems using cutting-edge methods. Within these two years, you’ll also learn about network security, penetration testing, incident response, security management, reverse engineering, and ethical hacking.
3. Graduate Certificate of Cybersecurity – Swinburne University of Technology
- Courses Duration: 1 year
- Cost for International Students: A$38600
This one-year graduate certificate in Cybersecurity will help you to gain a deeper understanding of computer network security and learn to prevent cyber-attacks even better. The course won’t only help you to identify IT security risks, you’ll also learn to diagnose and fix them.
4. Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security – Victoria University
- Course Duration: 1 year
- Cost for International Students: A$32,800
This is another graduate course in cyber security in Australia for international students that will prepare you to be a security professional with specialized expertise in cyber security. You’ll learn some topics on;
- cyber security fundamentals
- cyber security architecture
- cyber security technologies
- cloud security
- enterprise security
- cyber security regulation, policies, and laws.
5. Bachelor of Cyber Security – Victoria University
- Course Duration: 3 years
- Cost for International Students: A$32,100
Unlike so many other bachelor’s programs, this cyber security program will only take 3 years to complete, and you’ll be learning courses like cyber security technologies; ethical hacking and digital forensic data collection; vulnerability analysis and control, etc.
6. Cyber Security – Edith Cowan University
Edith Cowan University provides different cyber security courses in Australia for international students such as;
- Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security – A$13,800 (six months)
- Graduate Certificate of Cyber Security Online – A$13,410 (six months minimum)
- Master of Cyber Security – A$27,600 annually (two years)
- Master of Cyber Security Online – $53,510 (24 months minimum)
They also provide scholarships to outstanding students to help reduce their fees.
7. Master of Cyber Security – Deakin University
Cost for International Students: $29,400 for 1-year full time
Deakin University has a different length approach to providing Cyber Security courses for both domestic and international students. So, the length of your course will completely depend on your professional experience, previous qualifications, and whether you’re enrolling full-time or part-time.
The course will teach you how to detect, analyze and confront cybersecurity challenges.
8. Cybersecurity at UniSA
This is among the cyber security diploma in Australia for international students that was designed with direct industry consultation, which makes it possible for graduates of this course to provide relevant security solutions that will have a high impact on society.
Also, learning this course at the University of South Australia gives you a lot of advantages seeing that it’s the No.1 in SA for graduate careers in I.T. You can either choose undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
9. Diploma in Cyber Security – South Sydney College
- Course Duration: 81 weeks
This diploma in Cybersecurity at SSC is a hybrid program, which means it will be taken both online and on campus. And, most of your classes will be hands–on practical work, using critical IT problem-solving skills, research, consultation, and collaborating with diverse teams.
10. Master of Cyber Security – University of Queensland
Course Duration: 1.5 to 2 years
Cost for International Students: A$47264
Through this course, you’ll learn some key topics like: Fundamentals of Cyber Security; Information Security Essentials;
Cyber Security Governance, Policy, Ethics, and Law; Cyber Criminology and Global Security.
Depending on the school, the duration of these cyber security courses in Australia for international students differs, but one thing in common is that they provide quality education in this program.