University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarships
The University of Birmingham is delighted to be offering a major scholarship for international students. University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarships is worth £10,000 to provide support for you to study at their school.
Global Masters Scholarships Overview
In keeping with this tradition, the University of Birmingham are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to their Master’s degrees during the 2023/24 academic year.
Approximately 40 scholarships will be awarded a value of up to £10,000 GBP. This award will be deducted from the total tuition fees owed by each successful scholar.
University of Birmingham Global Masters Scholarships Eligibility
All taught Master’s programmes are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programmes in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Master’s degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2023 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2023.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
For example, they consider a UK first-class degree to be equivalent to the following grading systems in the US, India, Nigeria, and China:
- 3.5 out of 4.0 and above in the US GPA system.
- 70% in the Indian grading system
- 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) or 6.2 (out of 7.0) in the Nigerian grading system
- 85% grade awarded by a top-tier Chinese University, 90% grade awarded by a mid-tier Chinese University
- Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
- MAECI Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Developing Countries
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Transform Together Scholarships for International Students
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship