|Application Starts||27th October 2022|
|Deadline for Scholarship||20th November 2022|
|Scholarship Type||Fully Funded|
Annually, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and TotalEnergies Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN) award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country. The aim of the Total Undergraduate Scholarship is to encourage academic excellence and quality manpower development in the country.
How Much is the Total Undergraduate Scholarship
The Total scholarship is worth ₦150,000. It is activated when the student receives the award and it’s renewable as the student continues to maintain good grades for the remaining duration of his/her academic session.
The award will be renewed if the student maintains a minimum CGPA of not less than 2.5 on a 5-point scale or equivalent.
The first payments shall be made within two months of the award while the subsequent payments shall be upon receipt of the annual school result of the beneficiary.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Here are the criteria for students that need to apply for this Total Undergraduate Scholarship
- Be a Registered FULL-TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200-level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
- All awardees shall open an account in a Nigerian bank in their own name through which the scholarship payments shall be made. No awardee shall be paid in cash
Students not Eligible for Total Scholarship
The scholarship is not for all students, here is the list of those that don’t need to apply.
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME.
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA on a 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above.
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from any other Company or Government Agency.
- Students on part-time/sandwich programs
Documents to Provide for the Scholarship
- All candidates must supply their matriculation numbers and other relevant information from their Universities to be eligible for the award
Total Undergraduate Scholarship Deadline
The opening for the 2023 scholarship will commence on the 27th October 2022 and ends 3 weeks later, which is on 20th November 2022.
TotalEnergies will inform students about the opening of the scholarship through the national dailies newspaper, their official website, and the company Intranet.
How to Apply for the NNPC/Total Scholarship
To apply for the Total Scholarship, you need to provide some important documents to the official website of TotalEnergies. The information is;
- Personal Information: Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
- Contact Information: Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
- Origin: Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
- University Information: Select your university, course, and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
- Result Information: Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
- You also need to Review the Application: Ensure all fields have been correctly entered. Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- 1st Year Result showing CGPA
- Conclusion: Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and conditions. The on-screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.
How to Win the NNPC/Total Scholarship
Most Nigerians don’t win scholarships not necessarily because they didn’t qualify, but because they did follow the right steps, but here are some guides to winning this scholarship.
- Apply Early: It is normal for students to do things a few days before the deadline, but if you’re among the selected few that will apply for this scholarship on time, you stand a chance of winning it. Because the providers won’t be in a hurry to go through your application and they will see your seriousness too.
- Make sure to submit the right information: Those that are always victims of spelling errors, or unnecessary mistakes are those that are applying during the deadline. Because they will be in a hurry to fill in all the details, but this is one of the things that can disqualify you. Make sure to submit the right information, and if possible go through your details 3 times.
- Go through the requirements: Each scholarship has its eligibility requirements, don’t assume anything, go through all of them and submit anything they need.
- Get a Mentor: Having someone that has already won the scholarship as your coach will give you a very high edge to winning this or any scholarship.
Maintain a Good Grade: Most of these scholarships are renewable, so your good CGPA will determine if the company will award you another scholarship.