Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship is one of the few scholarships that is exclusively focused on the Northern Part of Nigeria, to improve their education. The Scholarship is awarded to 200 eligible undergraduates and Higher National Diploma Students of Northern Nigeria origin.
|Deadline for Scholarship||N/A|
|Provider||Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation|
How Much is the Sir Ahmadu Bello Scholarship
The Scholarship is worth ₦100,000 per student for the duration of one academic session. The Scholarship is also renewable if the student maintains a minimum CGPA equivalent to second class, Lower Division for university students, and Upper Credit for polytechnics students.
Field of Study for the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Scholarship
The Scholarship is eligible for students admitted to science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must
- Have gotten admission into a full-time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic in the Northern State of Nigeria
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full-time student.
- Applicants must have credit in 5 level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must be an indigene of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
Note that meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee the award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and student’s ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
Documents to Provide for the Scholarship
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student Identification card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a Community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin ( including email address)
How to Apply for the Sir Ahmadu Bello Scholarship
To apply for the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship, applicants need to;
- Click on the application link on the website and follow the instructions for the completion of the online application.
- Candidates should also download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B for completion.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the documents listed above.
Note from the Provider
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
How to Win the Sir Ahmadu Bello Scholarship
Most Nigerians don’t win scholarships not necessarily because they didn’t qualify, but because they did follow the right steps, but here are some guides to winning this scholarship.
- Apply Early: It is normal for students to do things a few days before the deadline, but if you’re among the selected few that will apply for this scholarship on time, you stand a chance of winning it. Because the providers won’t be in a hurry to go through your application and they will see your seriousness too.
- Make sure to submit the right information: Those that are always victims of spelling errors, or unnecessary mistakes are those that are applying during the deadline. Because they will be in a hurry to fill in all the details, but this is one of the things that can disqualify you. Make sure to submit the right information, and if possible go through your details 3 times.
- Go through the requirements: Each scholarship has its eligibility requirements, don’t assume anything, go through all of them and submit anything they need.
- Get a Mentor: Having someone that has already won the scholarship as your coach will give you a very high edge to winning this or any scholarship.
- Maintain a Good Grade: Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship is renewable, so your good CGPA will determine if the company will award you another scholarship.