Seplat Undergraduate Scholarship is open to qualified undergraduate students of Federal and State Universities in Nigeria. Just like most oil and gas companies in Nigeria are obligated to promote educational development and human capacity building Seplat also has the responsibility to provide yearly grants to successful applicants to complete their degree programs.
Field of Study for the Seplat Scholarship
The Seplat Scholarship is not eligible for all disciplines, here is the list of fields that can enroll in the scholarship;
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering/Science
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Seplat Undergraduate Scholarship;
- Applicants must be in their second year of study or above.
- Applicants must have at least 5 O’ level credit passes (English & Mathematics inclusive) at one sitting.
- Applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 and above
How to Apply For Seplat Scholarship
- Applicants need to visit the official website of NNPC/Seplat to apply.
- All applicants are expected to have a valid personal email account for ease of communication.
- Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applications are subject to SEPLAT JV Scholarship Award Terms and Conditions.
How to Win the Seplat Scholarship
Most Nigerians don’t win scholarships not necessarily because they didn’t qualify, but because they did follow the right steps, but here are some guides to winning this scholarship.
- Apply Early: It is normal for students to do things a few days before the deadline, but if you’re among the selected few that will apply for this scholarship on time, you stand a chance of winning it. Because the providers won’t be in a hurry to go through your application and they will see your seriousness too.
- Make sure to submit the right information: Those that are always victims of spelling errors, or unnecessary mistakes are those that are applying during the deadline. Because they will be in a hurry to fill in all the details, but this is one of the things that can disqualify you. Make sure to submit the right information, and if possible go through your details 3 times.
- Go through the requirements: Each scholarship has its eligibility requirements, don’t assume anything, go through all of them and submit anything they need.
- Get a Mentor: Having someone that has already won the scholarship as your coach will give you a very high edge to winning this or any scholarship.
- Maintain a Good Grade: Most of these scholarships are renewable, so your good CGPA will determine if the company will award you another scholarship.