Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students
The Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity to join outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
|Amount Awarded||Full tuition fee, as well as providing an annual stipend worth £17,310|
|Host Institution||University of Oxford|
|Deadline||Varies by country, from July to October|
Rhodes Scholarships for International Students Summary
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full-time, postgraduate award which enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Just like most international scholarships, the Rhodes Scholarship is very competitive, but when won is an experience of a lifetime.
Rhodes Scholarships Funding
The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees, as well as providing an annual stipend of £17,310 (£1,442.50 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation.
The Trust will cover the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service. The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy-class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students, you must;
- Attain academic excellence
- Possess energy to use your talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings.
- Be at least 19 and have not reached your 25th birthday
- Have completed, or will have completed by July 2023, an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background
The Rhodes Is not available for all countries, here is the list of eligible countries;
Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Commonwealth Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent, Trindad and Tobago, and, the Turks and Caicos Islands), East Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi), Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, United Arab Emirates, United States (50 states of the US, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo), Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Transform Together Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Developing Countries
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship