Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships
Nottingham University provides tuition fee scholarships of 50% or 100% for innovative and passionate students who can propose development solutions for their home countries within African, South Asian, and selected Commonwealth countries. This scholarship programme is designed for international students who want to make a difference in the development of key economic, environmental, structural, social, or political structures in their home country.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be domiciled in Africa, India, or one of the selected Commonwealth countries.
- Be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes
- Hold an offer to start a full-time master’s (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham UK, studying in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science, or Faculty of Social Sciences
Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarship Application criteria
You will be assessed first and foremost on how you can demonstrate your vision, and tangible plan for developing a specific solution that will positively contribute to key economic, environmental, structural, social, or political challenges within your home country. Strong applicants will be able to link this to the learning outcomes of their course of study, and how this will facilitate their efforts.
Make sure you have enough time to prepare strong answers. They will assess your responses and academic merit when making scholarship decisions.
Please note that there is a strict word count limit for all questions, which is outlined at the end of each question. The system does not automatically limit this, so you would be encouraged to check your application before you submit it. Any responses submitted that exceed the outlined word count may not be reviewed.
- You do not need to respond to your offer before submitting your application for this scholarship, however, awards will only be made to students who accept their offer to study at the University of Nottingham.
- The school will assess all scholarship applications before making any awards. You may be offered a scholarship of either 50% or 100% of tuition fees. They will contact you in early July 2023 to confirm the outcome of your application.
- If you are awarded this scholarship, it will be deducted from the tuition fees charged to you as a student at the University of Nottingham. They will not pay the tuition fee for Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships to you directly.
- In some cases, students are eligible to apply for more than one University of Nottingham award. Please note in no scenario would a Developing Solutions Award be combined with a Regional Scholarship, and in the unlikely event you were to be offered both, the highest value award would take precedence. Very occasionally students may be offered Developing Solutions alongside a scholarship from their Academic School or a Sporting award.
- As well as the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship, you can apply for one of Their regional Postgraduate Excellence Awards. You can be considered for multiple international scholarships but you will only be awarded one.
- MAECI Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Developing Countries
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Transform Together Scholarships for International Students
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship