Deadline for Scholarship: 20th June
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Program: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the current Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Award. The FG of Nigeria has 4 kinds of scholarship schemes for their tertiary students, they are;
- Undergraduate (UG) Award
- Postgraduate (PG) Award
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Award
Also Read: How to Study in Canada for Free
How Much is the Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship?
The Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship goes a long way to cover beyond the tuition fee, you can use it to cover other charges in the University, and living expenses.
- Undergraduate students are awarded scholarships worth ₦150,000 per year.
- Postgraduates are awarded ₦180,000 worth of scholarships per year.
- HND students in Polytechnic are awarded ₦100,000 per year.
- Finally, NCE students are also awarded ₦100,000 per year.
Field of Study for FGN Scholarship Awards
The Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship is awarded to different disciplines of studies depending on your program.
- For Undergraduate Level
- Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.
- Postgraduate level (Master’s Degree and Ph.D.) in all fields.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- The scholarship is taken and only awarded in Nigeria
- The award kicks off at the beginning of each academic year.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old for Non-African Countries and for African countries the certificate age is one year (2020) only.
- The age limit is from 17 to 20 years
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
- Applicants with any current Nigeria scholarships are not eligible.
How to Apply for Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship
The application procedure for this Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship is done through their official website, making it even easier.
- The applicant needs to complete the scholarship form online
- You also need to submit the following documents;
- Course Registration
- Identity card
- Letter of admission to the institution you are studying
- Last examination result
- One (1) passport-size photograph
- Specified medical reports from Government hospitals
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police clearance certificates where necessary