|Scholarship Type||Fully Funded|
|Program||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Secondary School|
NNPC/MPN Joint Venture has decided to allow students to submit applications for their Mobil Nigeria scholarship for undergraduate students. So in this guide, you’ll be learning all the requirements, the field of study to apply to, and other important details needed for the Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship.
What is the Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship?
This is a scholarship awarded by ExxonMobil, an American Multinational oil and gas company that has been in Nigeria for the past 63 years. As part of the company’s initiative to support education, the company awards different kinds of scholarships at different levels of study.
I’m not just talking about undergraduate, but also postgraduate, and secondary school students.
How Much is Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship?
The scholarship is awarded to 500 undergraduate students on a yearly basis and is renewable to cover the duration of approved study, based on the recipients’ academic performance and related reports from the institutions. The scholarship takes care of all the tuition of the awardees.
To even make matters better, awardees have a higher chance of being employed as an intern or full-time workers in the company after their degree.
All their awards are based on merit, and there are some criteria they seek to count the awardees eligible, and we will list them shortly.
Field of Study for MPN Scholarship Awards
The Mobil Nigeria scholarship for undergraduate students is not awarded to students from every field of study in Nigeria. Since this is an oil and gas company, they focus on disciplines related to the company, they award 60% of the scholarship to core disciplines of Engineering and Geosciences, while 40% are for other approved business and social sciences-related studies.
These disciplines include:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBS Only)
- Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Computer Science
Related Scholarship: Nigeria Federal Government Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
Mobil Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- The applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Nigeria.
- The applicant must hold an SSCE or a result equivalent to it with at least six subjects passed in a single sitting with a minimum of 5 Distinctions.
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University.
Students not Eligible for Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship
- If the applicant is receiving a similar type of scholarship award from other oil and gas companies they won’t be eligible for the scholarship.
- Dependents of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria plc, and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited.
Documents to Provide for the Scholarship
- The applicant needs to provide evidence of the SSCE result or its equivalent.
- Evidence of admission into a Nigerian University.
- Proof of current year of study
- Current University Identity Card.
- Current Passport Photographs.
- Evidence of State of Origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary.
ExxonMobil 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship Deadline
Mobil Nigeria scholarship for undergraduate students will begin in the early months of 2023 and will be ending in August of the same year. The scholarship is focused on rewarding the academic prowess of undergraduate students in Nigeria.
How to Apply for Mobil Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
With the intention to make the application process more enhanced, MPN decided to make the process only online. You need to log in to their official website to start the application process when the time comes.
How to Win the Mobil Scholarship
Most Nigerians don’t win ExxonMobil scholarships not necessarily because they didn’t qualify, but because they did follow the right steps, but here are some guides to winning this scholarship.
- Apply Early: It is normal for students to do things a few days before the deadline, but if you’re among the selected few that will apply for this scholarship on time, you stand a chance of winning it. Because the providers won’t be in a hurry to go through your application and they will see your seriousness too.
- Make sure to submit the right information: Those that are always victims of spelling errors, or unnecessary mistakes are those that are applying during the deadline. Because they will be in a hurry to fill in all the details, but this is one of the things that can disqualify you. Make sure to submit the right information, and if possible go through your details 3 times.
- Go through the requirements: Each scholarship has its eligibility requirements, don’t assume anything, go through all of them and submit anything they need.
- Get a Mentor: Having someone that has already won the scholarship as your coach will give you a very high edge to winning this or any scholarship.
Maintain a Good Grade: Most of these scholarships are renewable, so your good CGPA will determine if the company will award you another scholarship.