Jim Ovia Scholarship is one of the fully funded scholarships provided by Mr. Jim Ovia, which was previously known as the Muste Scholarship. The scholarship is eligible for undergraduate study for the duration of their program and includes tuition and maintenance allowances.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability, and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others. Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
|Deadline for Scholarship||Varies|
|Scholarship Type||Fully Funded + Maintenance Allowances|
|Provider||Mr. Jim Ovia|
How Much is Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship?
Jim Ovia Scholarship is worth ₦150,000 and is offered to approximately 100 students annually. The scholarship can also be renewed by awardees annually, but students must maintain certain eligibility requirements to renew their scholarships such as a certain CGPA and good character in college.
The Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship has already helped more than 1,500 students in Nigeria with over ₦100 Million investment in their education.
Jim Ovia Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Just like all scholarships, they are meant for a specific group of people, so is this Jim Ovia Scholarship, here are the eligibility requirements for this scholarship
- The applicant must be in 200L or higher
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria and attending a tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Applicants must possess a personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
Jim Ovia Undergraduate Scholarship Deadline
Due to the current ASUU strike going on, the application of this scholarship has been paused, and so is the deadline too. Check back when the strike has been called off.
How to Apply for Jim Ovia Scholarship
Applying for the Jim Ovia Scholarship doesn’t require much process;
- First, the applicant need to visit their official website
- Next step is to create a new account, if it is your first time
- If you have registered previously, you should login to continue
- Scan and submit all the documents required.
- The application process can take up to 12 weeks, and applicants shouldn’t panic and send email them, or consult the customer service.
How to Win the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship
Most Nigerians don’t win scholarships not necessarily because they didn’t qualify, but because they did follow the right steps, but here are some guides to winning this scholarship.
- Apply Early: It is normal for students to do things a few days before the deadline, but if you’re among the selected few that will apply for this scholarship on time, you stand a chance of winning it. Because the providers won’t be in a hurry to go through your application and they will see your seriousness too.
- Make sure to submit the right information: Those that are always victims of spelling errors, or unnecessary mistakes are those that are applying during the deadline. Because they will be in a hurry to fill in all the details, but this is one of the things that can disqualify you. Make sure to submit the right information, and if possible go through your details 3 times.
- Go through the requirements: Each scholarship has its eligibility requirements, don’t assume anything, go through all of them and submit anything they need.
- Get a Mentor: Having someone that has already won the scholarship as your coach will give you a very high edge to winning this or any scholarship.
- Maintain a Good Grade: Most of these scholarships are renewable, so your good CGPA will determine if the company will award you another scholarship.