Australia Awards Scholarship 2023
Australia Awards Scholarships 2023 are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
Australia Awards Scholarship 2023 Summary
The Australia Awards scholarship provides opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Australia Awards Scholarship Benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance–a once-only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
How to Apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship Online
Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username, and password.
You do not need to submit your application immediately. You can set up a draft application form and update it, and your supporting documentation, until the designated closing date as on the relevant participating country profile.
Once submitted, your application cannot be changed. We strongly advise applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date. OASIS experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays.
How to Apply by Mail
If you are unable to submit your application online, you can apply by mail. Please check your participating country profile for contact details to obtain a hardcopy application form and any other templates such as referee reports (if applicable).
Completed hard copy application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted by the deadline specified by your country. See the opening and closing dates for each country.
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Transform Together Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Developing Countries
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship