AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2023
AAUW International Fellowships in the USA for Women is provided to women that are pursuing a full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. These students must have plans to return to their home country to pursue a professional career.
|Opens||August 1 every year|
|Deadline||November 15 every year|
|Host Institution(s)||Accredited U.S. institutions|
AAUW Scholarship International Fellowship Funding
International Fellowship funds are available for:
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars that does not exceed 10% of the fellowship total
AAUW Scholarship Requirements
To be eligible for the AAUW International fellowships 2023, applicants must;
- Have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline
- Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls.
- International Fellowships are open to women, including people who identify as women, in all fields of study at an accredited institution of higher education or, for postdoctoral fellows, research.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting one of the Required English Proficiency test results.
How to Apply for AAUW International fellowships 2023
To apply for AAUW International Fellowships in the USA for Women, you should
- Visit their official scholarship website and click on Apply Now!
- You will be led to a platform where you can access your application and create your account through their vendor site.
Complete all required components in the following areas.
- Recommendations, Documents & Review
Documents to submit for the AAUW International Fellowships
- Proof of highest degree: Upload transcripts from the college or university where the highest degree (not a certificate) was obtained. The highest degree must be at least a bachelor’s degree (must be earned on or before November 15, 2022).
- Transcripts must include a list of courses taken and grades received.
- If the institution does not provide a transcript or a list of courses taken and grades received or the degree did not require coursework, an official letter from the institution where the degree was received that includes the degree completion date must be uploaded.
- Do not upload copies of additional certificates or other documents the applicant may have received during their education.
- Proof of current enrollment
- Proof of a doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only)
- Written statement verifying the applicant’s native language is English.
- Academic transcript or diploma